Konohakaseki no Natsu

on February 3, 2015


Hello!
This isn't Moomin. But we thought it was nicely short enough to sub.


Actually, I saw this sometime back and thought of Nijiiro Hotaru and how I would've liked it better if they went this direction instead (lol). The translated title was taken from the description of the original video on youtube (click! click!).

We didn't include the diary entries from the ED in the video but if you're interested, here they are~
8/17 | Thu | Sunny | 30°C
Today, while I was digging up for fossils by the Houkigawa river in Shiobara, I met a boy and we became friends. His name is Toshi. He told me about a place with lake deposits where we can find leaf fossils. Lake deposits are sedimentary layers that were formed at the bottom of the lake hundreds of thousands of years ago, and have stripes that look just like a baumkuchen's.

8/18 | Fri | Sunny | 29°C
Today, Toshi and I played by the lake deposits again. It seems there's a trick to getting clean leaf fossils. Both Toshi and I couldn't quite get a whole clean one. Even though they weren't whole, I got to find a few leaf fossils today.

8/19 | Sat | Sunny | 30°C
Toshi told me about lake deposits. I've read some of the stuff he said in books before, but he also told me things I didn't know. I had a lot of fun, so I thought that I would like to know a lot of interesting things and talk about them just like Toshi.

8/20 | Sun | Sunny | 31°C
Today, I went stag beetle hunting with Toshi. First, we looked for Oak Trees in the forest. "There's one!" I yelled. When Toshi kicked the tree trunk hard, I heard a rustling sound, and when I ran towards it, I saw an upturned Miyama stag beetle which had fallen from the tree.

8/27 | Sun | Sunny | 31°C
Today, Dad and I went fossil digging by the Houkigawa river. It seems Dad has liked fossils ever since he was a kid and often went out to play just like this. I realized something that made me very happy today, but that is a secret between me and that leaf fossil.

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

Not using Anonymous is cool.